Fun Chocolate Facts
Whether or not you love chocolate you are going to love hearing about these fun chocolate facts.
1. It takes 3.5 million pounds of milk to make the chocolate produced every day in the US.
2. Did you know that 3.3 billion pounds of chocolate was eaten in the US during 2000? Wow!
3. Do you know how much the largest chocolate bar weights according the Guinness Book of World Records? It’s 5,026 pounds.
4. The amount of money spent by Americans for chocolate averages $13 billion per year.
5. No equality of sexes here. 15% of men regularly crave chocolate while 40% of women feel the same way.
6. Do you know that over 50% of Americans choose what chocolate they will eat depending on its shape?
7. Almost 2/3 of Americans report that if they are buying chocolate for someone else, they can’t help but include something for themselves.
8. Chocolate is rich in magnesium and iron which are very good for our bodies.
There are many other fun chocolate facts, but first let’s talk a little about the history of chocolate.
It was first used over 2000 years ago by the Mayans who developed a drink made from ground up cocoa beans.
When Spaniards invaded and conquered the Mayans, they adopted the use of cocoa and introduced it to Europeans.
They loved it and its use has continued to grow and evolve over the years.
Meanwhile do you know that 71% of Americans prefer milk chocolate the most?